Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Gardening untill Sundown

“I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.” John Muir


I finally got out into the garden today. The sun was shining and the weather a little warmer. I raked leaves, cut back old growth, and pruned my roses.

When it finally got to dark to see any longer, I came in and looked over pictures from my garden last year.

I am looking forward to sitting in the garden with a good book or having a cold diet coke with a friend.




This is a picture of part of my garden from last year.
 The cupola at the back of the garden was a Christmas gift from my husband. It used to be on the old Ethan Allen furniture store. When they remodeled it was sitting with all of the construction materials and a friend of ours was driving by and ask what they had planned for it. They ask him if he was interested in buying it. Of course he knew I would love it so.... he bought it and sold it to my husband!



                                                                                 
another view
                                                          

I love my lilies!
I can't wait for them to bloom.
They will get up to almost 6 feet tall!



 
Just one of my many daylilies.

I hope you enjoyed a little glimpse of my garden.
Untill later....

happy gardening!


1 comment: