Monday, May 23, 2011

Blooming Today: Azalea's


I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in. ~George Washington Carver


My family really had a stressful week. My daughter fell off her sons skateboard and had to have surgery on her arm.  She broke her ulna in three place and had to have a metal plate put in.  Then she also shattered the head of the radius and they had to remove it. She spent 4 days in the hospital.


Then.....the same day she went to the hospital, her father in law came in with a massive stroke. Her husband is serving in Iraq so the American Red Cross had to get him back to the states.


My daughter had reactions to her pain meds, Justin had cancelled flights back and it seemed like whatever could go wrong did.
Ever had weeks like that?


Anyway I am staying with my mother so I can be closer to my daughter and her husband to help them out wherever I can. My mother also has beautiful gardens.
I woke up to the these beautiful Azalea's. The sun was shining on them and they glowed. It was like God knew I needed a bright spot in my week.


I'm linking up with:

Concrete Angel in my mothers garden


In memory of

Randy  Werner Mueller
August 16, 1958
May 22, 2011


19 comments:

  1. Wow! What a week you've had! Your photographs are beautiful. This is my first visit to your blog. I saw your link at BNOTP. I am going to follow you and your gorgeous photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry - it does sounds like the most horrible week. And yes, God did put a lot of beauty in your path to help cheer you!

    (I'm wondering if I could use the Carver quote - I've never seen it anywhere before and love it. Thank you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a week!! Thankfully, God is with your family to help everyone heal and God is with your family in the beauty of His flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous blooms. Thanks for sharing color and smiles with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, the quote is not mine and is too good not to share! Please pass it on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a time your family is having. When life throws all this at you, it's good that you have a healing garden in which to regain your strength.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your Mother's garden was a bright spot in your week, that was a trying one indeed. Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photographs are so pretty, great shots of some beautiful blooms. Such a thought provoking quote and I believe it to be true! God is so amazing and even in weeks like this we have so much to be thankful for! Hope things are looking up for all of you today...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness Positive thoughts headed your way. The gardens do makes us smile, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry about all your problems this week. The lovely oranges and yellows would make anyone smile! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the same blooming - LOVE the orange! Keep your chin up...

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goodness. When it rains it pours. I'm sure that everything will turn out okay though it will take time for healing. Thank goodness you are able to be where you can help whenever needed. Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you shared your post at Cottage Flora Thursday's - cheers to a much better coming week! xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I could imagine you thinking just one more thing! Your family sure has had a trying week - Bless you for seeing that God will see you through it all and he provides beautiful things to lift our hearts - hope your daughter and her father-in-law recover quickly!
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh Deborah, You have indeed, to say the least had a very stressful week. I'm sorry you daughter had the terrible accident. I hope she is feeling better soon. Your mom's garden is wonderful. The azalea's are beautiful, and I love the angel in the garden.........I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, it does sound like a very hard week...the blooms are really a bright spot! Thank you for taking time to comment on my lilacs post...I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. my how there is beauty even in the midst of crisis. What a tough week. God's broadcast was that everything is everything. Or at least azaleas (smile).

    ReplyDelete