Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Blooming Today


 I have had a very busy week. My baby graduated from high school and we had a party at the house. He also will swear in for 8 years of service to the Army National Guard tomorrow.

I went out in the garden today to collect my thoughts and to keep myself from crying as he walked out the door with his recruiter.

I enjoyed a few blooms in the garden.
Here is what is blooming today.


I have several variety of hostas. We had thunderstorms today, but I did get a few pictures in between the showers.


an old fashion snowball bush and hosta 


Centaurea "Mountain Bluet" I love the sepals of this plant. I think they are just as interesting as the flower.


Centaurea "Mountain Bluet"
spreads easily. Bright cobalt color! A great flower if you want to add blue to your garden.


"Beverly Sills" Iris
Very fragrant. Smells like bubble gum!


Dictamnus (Gas Plant)
The flowers of this plant emit a flammable oil. All parts of the plant are strongly lemon scented! Established plants are difficult to transplant successfully, so plant them carefully.
Starry seed capsules reminding me of star anise.

and..........



a picture of my baby.
Good Luck Kelson!


with all life has to offer you!

4 comments:

  1. hi Deborah, your garden has beautiful flowers. Hostas are always good, and I'm a big lover of the snowball bush. I'm waiting for mine to start blooming. Wow, I sure feel your emotions about your son, a new direction in life for him. I have one son, so I know those feeling too. He is a very handsome young man and I wish him great success in his career with the ANG.....and you will be so proud.....please visit me anytime, I'm your newest follower.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures. Good luck to your son. I'm sure he will do great! Thanks for dropping by Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I missed visiting you last week. Welcome to Bloomin' Tuesday. You have some beautiful shots of beautiful blooms. The Bloomin' Tuesday post will be up by 9 tonight. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing at WUW.

    ReplyDelete