Monday, May 16, 2011

Green in the Garden

Today was a great day to work in my garden! The sun was shining and the temperature was just right! The weather here still hasn't decided if it's spring yet. Crazy......100
degrees last week and 4o degrees this week! Needless to say my garden is just a little confused too!

I really don't have a lot in bloom yet however, I am enjoying all of the green. There is just something calming about all of the green. A promise of what is to come.......


hosta and calla lily


creeping jenny


dock




hosta and Siberian iris




strawberry jar with herbs on my patio



sedums in a concrete urn by my back door

A garden shows you how the world ought to be.
~author unknown
I'm linking up with:

Blooming Tuesday at:

Outdoor Wednesday at:
http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/



12 comments:

  1. Hi Deborah,
    Wow you have seen a big temperature swing!! We haven't broke 70 yet.
    Your garden is looking lovely, the Irises are gorgeous:-)
    Thanks for stopping by, I enjoyed my visit and am your newest folower:-)
    Hope you warm back up :-)
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much coming over to say hello! I host a garden party on Thursday's & would love to have you link up a garden post???? xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks green and happy! Love your herb jar:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors are everywhere in your garden. What a lovely garden.

    Suffia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time to your blog...I'm popping over from MsGreen Thumb Jean's. Love your flowers and photography! And I collect watering cans, too--love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. I have one of those strawberry jars...had hens and chicks in it one year and have been wondering what to plant in it ever since. I love what you have in yours..gives me some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the strawberry container with the blooms on the herbs. Pretty iris.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like our weather. I enjoy the green of spring as much as the blooms. Welcome to Bloomin' Tuesday! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your gnome and strawberry container. Just became a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures! What amazing temps! Love all your lovely plants! Paula in Idaho http://bucketideasforgardening.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of green...so very pretty. Please add my link or button for the newbie party. Thanks for joining me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your flowers are gorgeous! I like the Asiatic Lily and Center of a Peony on your blog - so pretty. I haven't tried planting a hosta yet. I want to plant one in my rock garden near a tree. I'm your new follower, too. Have a happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete