Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Old Signage and Churches

In the small town where I live there are old painted advertisements on the sides of some very old buildings. I have always admired them. I don't even know how old they are, but the paint is chipping away and there is so much charm to them.

As I was running errands today I noticed how the sun was shining on them and how brilliant they seemed today.

 

As luck would have it I had my camera in my purse sooo.... I pulled my car over, parked and ran across traffic to take some pictures.

 

I am sure they were many driving by that wondered what the heck I was doing standing on the side of the road taking pictures of old buildings!

But as you can tell they

are just stunning!
I love them!




I think this one is my favorite. I would love to use it on a card.
This is now on the side of a bar in town.



This is now on the side of a hair salon.


Now on the side of a coffe shop.


I also snapped this picture of a church from my car.


I think old churches are so charming. I could do a whole blog on them!

I'm linking up with:
http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/

Until later......











3 comments:

  1. i love them too. How nice that you get to see them while driving about town!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also your newest follower. Stop by for a visit sometime!

    ReplyDelete