Saturday, June 18, 2011

New use for and Old Bowl

I just got back from spending the day at a wonderful flea market. I bought a few things for my many collections, which I will post later this week. But for today I want to show you this cool bowl I found for $4.00!





I love the texture! The bowl is marked on the bottom but, most of it is worn off and I can't quite make it out. The bowl is really quite heavy. I thought it was a steal at 4 bucks!


I love the handles!



 It has found a home on my kitchen island. I filled it with potpourri and placed an herb in the middle.


I also put in two of my brushes from my brush collection. I think it adds a little more interest.



I'm linking up to:

 

Until later.......



9 comments:

  1. That is a neat bowl Deborah! Is that like hammered or something? Looks great with what you have put in it also!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bowl...it IS really unusual...I can imagine all the use you'll get from it during the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bowl is definitely an interesting find. It looks very nice filled with potpourri.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find. Love the handles on it too. Thanks bunches for visiting me:) hugs♥O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful!!! Love what you did with the bowl and the combination of items in it. Very creative. Newest follower.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect use for a charming little bowl! Thanks for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy to have found your blog. I'm back in Nebraska after 20 years away. I need someone who can fill me in on where the good flea markets are! Love all your photos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete