Sunday, July 17, 2011

Folk

I am soooo excited to tell you about my friend Ben's new magazine!

Folk
All American Living

We are a magazine that debuts Fall 2011. We are all about the country, sweet tea, indie music, antiques, road trips, small towns, comfortable homes, artists, locally grown and locally made, one-of-a-kind art, open spaces, photography, and the little things that make life awesome.. oh and we love putting a Generation Y twist on all aspects of country life that we all love...
We are All American Living!


is due to be released on Sept. 1st!

I am so excited for Ben and his staff. This has been a labor of love for 8 months and now his dream has come true!


I Love everything they are!









Hot Summer Day Icing, yum. We are really enjoying this blazing, hot day with our sun tea and this delicious cake topped with this icing. Check out our simple recipe!

Hot Summer Day Icing
1 pound - Powdered Sugar
1 cup - Heavy Whipping Cream
1 pinch of Salt
Simply mix all of these ingredients in a mixer until you get stiff peaks when pulling the mixer out. Simple!
Hope everyone is enjoying this scorcher!





To Subscribe to Folk:
click here:


Find out more about Folk



Follow Ben and Like Folks facepage

Tell Ben hello and that I sent you!


Become one of the FOLKs
I did!

6 comments:

  1. Phew as a magazine addict of note...any magazine on home, food,travel and garden makes me sit up and take notice! Abroad or local. No know cure for this obsession and quite frankly I have no desire to be cured either ... I just have storage problems!

    Veronica

    www.tasselsandtwigs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it will be a hit! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a wonderful magazine...I'm going to check out the links.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great concepts and photos...I wish him luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tres shabby chic! I bet it will be a hit. Good luck to Ben. :)

    ReplyDelete