Saturday, July 9, 2011

Missing my Peonies

I have been looking through my garden photos and I find myself continually drawn to my peonies. Oh how I miss my Peonies! (or as Martha pronounces them, Pe-own-nies). They are some of the first blooms in the spring. They remind me of the blooms to come in my garden and their fragrance is intoxicating!



Every spring I look forward to bringing in my peony bouquets. Sadly this year I only was able to enjoy one bouquet. I don't know why. Busy schedule? Heavy rains and flooding?

Hmmmm....Really there should be NO excuse!


Luckily, I did have my camera in the garden when they were in full bloom!



I used my macro lens with these photos, then played around with some focal black and white. I like how this one turned out.


I do believe this has to be my favorite! This really was taken in my garden!


This photo really wasn't one I was too happy with. However, I played around with texture for the first time! I don't think it turned out too bad!?


my new blog button......
if I can get this to work@**!
  Ok i give up!!! REALLY??
I have been trying for over 4 hours and can't get this stupid thing to work!!
Any tips on how to get my button posted?

Until next years blooms I will have to enjoy my photos.

I would love to hear about your favorite blooms.



I'm linking up with:




Sunday Snapshot







Until Later....




23 comments:

  1. I am trying peonies for the first time next growing season, they are just beautiful. It depends on the time of the season as to which blooms are my favorites, kind of enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss mine too. So wish they would bloom all Summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love peonies so much. I only had two blooms on my plant this year. It never does anything for me. I did get some advice though, after posting about it, so I'm crossing my fingers for next year. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your photograpy just amazes me! I too love peonies. I have three plants and they are still quite small. Did get a few blooms this year but nothing like yours. I also took a few pics. I don't think they'd be winning any blue ribbons. Yours would get "Best of Show"! I think I am already following you. My comp. is not letting me see or follow anyone right now. Frustrating! I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your photograpy just amazes me! I too love peonies. I have three plants and they are still quite small. Did get a few blooms this year but nothing like yours. I also took a few pics. I don't think they'd be winning any blue ribbons. Yours would get "Best of Show"! I think I am already following you. My comp. is not letting me see or follow anyone right now. Frustrating! I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, now it posted twice. UGH! What is going on?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That favourite one of yours is totally mine too. Just beautiful. Thanks for stopping by and saying hi to Lola! We are a bit manic this week! But will be back on form very soon. xx Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You called your previous post Eye Candy. That is what I call this one. Nice job! I wish peony blooms lasted a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our peonies did very well this year -- usually bloom around Memorial Day. I took as many photos as I could too!

    These are beautiful white peonies. I only have the standard red.

    Thanks so much for sharing at Your Sunday Best today. I truly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Floral shots are just so pretty. These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peonies are truly my favorite flower, sadly we don't get enough cold nights for me to grow them, so consider yourself very lucky. Here to buy them in the market - even wholesale is about $4.00 a stem, so I drool when I see photos of them in peoples gardens. Thank you for the eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful color. I love peonies - I only wish the blooms would last a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I miss mine too.
    Luckily we all have photos of them.
    Maybe we ought to do a communal peony page :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Peonies [I pronounce them pee-a-nees] were one of my mother's favorite flowers....your photos are stunning.

    I actually MADE my macro from a photo. Drop by for a visit/view if you can find time today.

    Have a great week ahead!!

    Homemade Macro Link

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish my peonies lasted longer! I love their aroma!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your favorite is my favorite too, but they are all exceptional. Great work. Mickie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, these are beautiful! And you certainly have done a great job capturing their beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think your photos are fantastic! I am loving the close ups! and your blog button turned out perfect!
    thanks for linking in this week. I am always in awe of all the different flowers everyone flaunts. It is a pleasure to tour and see all the gorgeous blooms...and I always enjoy stopping by here! I hope you will link in again soon!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

    ReplyDelete