Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Today in my Garden

The weather has been so hot and humid here lately. Today we finally have a break from the heat. I was up early cleaning out my car and enjoying some time in the garden.
How can one car get sooooo dirty? I don't have little kids in the car anymore and it still manages to get dirty. I guess that's a whole other blog!
 With all of the hot sticky weather the weeds had kind of gotten out of hand!

So out to the garden I went early this morning and I also managed to get a few photos of my garden this week.


Fiesta Skirt Daylily



"Family Reunion" Daylily


I think this one is "Janice Brown" but it looks a little more purple than Janice.
Could this be "Prarie Blue Eyes"?
All of my daylilies I brought with me when we moved and unfortunatly I didn't mark them. I did have "Prarie Blue Eyes" in my old garden.




daylily "Minstrel Boy"


Filipendula
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this plant!
It looks like big puffs of cotton candy in the garden!


lythrum "Mordan Pink"


"Mary Todd" daylily


Every year I have to plant different types of Zinnias. I think they are such a happy flower!



Manarda "Marshals Delight" and Cone flower


Cleome is another annual I have to plant every year. This flower is not quite open yet. I love how they look like fireworks exploding!


Ligularia The leave on this plant are impressive when the plant is not in bloom!


21 comments:

  1. Beautiful blooms and photos of them. Way to go Deborah.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, i like Mary Todd very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deborah... just saw your comment on my site... with perhaps a hundred thousand registered cultivars of hemerocallis out there, I really can't say for sure what cultivars you have... I will say they are gorgeous, along with the wonderful photography... have a great weekend and looking forward to visiting your site often! Larry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flower shots, Deborah. The plant you call Filipendula, I've always know as Queen of the Prairie. Mine has not done so well this year. Too much shade. (need to prune a volunteer mulberry.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flowers blooming in your garden! The color of the Minstrel Boy daylily is stunning!!! Thanks for following - following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flower shot. I love the Mary Todd daylily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never seen "Filipendula" - it's gorgeous! Thanks for linking up to Cottage Flora Thursday's Garden Party this week so that we could all see your gorgeous photo's!!! xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blog, but I am so outta here. Music playing when a blog comes up on my screen is SOOOO annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH what lovely flowers you have, Deborah! And beautiful photos! I'm afraid my garden has been neglected a little(ok a lot) of late!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deborah, you're photos are really good!Lovely visit here.
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great collection. I never know the names of day lilies, but I can name my roses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!
    Beautiful flowers and pictures of them. Love them all. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/07/james-dean.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, what an incredible collection! your flowers and photos are fantastic! i don't know which on to pick, they're all beautiful.

    Today's Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Deborah,
    I enjoyed all of your lovely blooms! I am a daylily fan, too, and enjoy being up close and personal as I am deadheading. This heat has slowed that down a bit. I still do some each day, but don't make the whole rounds. I guess I am going quicker, too, and not spending as much time enjoying the blooms.

    There was a tour of three gardens with daylilies today, but only one was in town. I wasn't going to go because of the heat, but a friend called and asked me to go with her, so I did. The guy said there are something like 35,000 cultivars of daylilies. Wow! He is doing some breeding. I may think about trying that on a very small scale.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow Deborah, I thoroughly enjoyed all these beautiful flowers. Our weeds have been growing fast too, and yes my car needs to get a good wash. I also have heard that we are going to get your extremely hot weather this coming week. It's cool enough tonight to keep the windows wide open but I think tomorrow we will be turning on the air-conditioner again. Have a great week and thanks for sharing with Today's Flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely! I love cleome too, I have tons in my garden.

    Today's Flower at my page. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your flowers are beautiful, walking through your garden must be delightful. I love all those day lilies but Minstrel Boys is my favorite. I would like to find that one for my garden. Your macro shots are gorgeous.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your garden is bursting with beautiful blooms now. The lilies are really pretty and the colours are special.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have beautiful flowers in garden.
    I like your photos.

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love them all...but love minstral boy best! thanks for linking into my little party again...I hope to see you every week!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

    ReplyDelete