Friday, August 19, 2011

Collecting~Vintage Bread Boards

It's such a beautiful day today and I didn't want to waste my day sleeping....even though I worked a 12 hour shift last night.
I grabbed my camera and decided to take some pictures of more of my collections.

Bread Boards


I first started collecting these when I inherited a pig breadboard.  At first thought I would collect only pigs however, I was quickly drawn to breadboards with color and different shapes. 
There is something so charming about them. I love the old patina, and the more they look well used the better!
Of course, I never use mine...they just sit on my counter for me to admire.


I really have a hard time not to buy one when I see it. They hardly take up any room and most are pretty inexpensive.


I love my round board with the blue paint and all of the little knife marks. Someone must of chopped, sliced, and prepared meals waaaay more than I do!


What do you collect?
Until later............




4 comments:

  1. Deborah,
    I also have a pig breadboard, one of our dealers left it in our old store when they moved out, when we closed, I brought it home. Love the patina and color on yours. For years I've collected ironstone, green jadite, vintage tablecloths, my favorites are the state ones. Right now I'm into clocks with brown or black faces. And, that is just the tip of the iceburg!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca I would love to see some pictures. I have been thinking about hosting a linky party so people could show off their collections. I may need to get a larger follower base first, but I think it would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe how many breadboards you have! I don't collect anything, except memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mother, I collect breadboards too :) Pretty sure that round one with the painted edges was a gift from me when you couldn't make it to Sparks Flea Market with me last year. I know, I'm awesome!

    ReplyDelete