Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Collecting~Ironstone

We are having a heat wave here and sadly to say I haven't been in the garden much. It continues to bloom in spite of my neglect.
Several post ago, I said I would post some of my collections.
 

Why do we look for that one thing we must have, and find so much delight when we find it?

For me it's the thrill of the hunt and spending time with the special people in my life. It's relaxing and cheap
 therapy....well sometimes:)

Collections furnish a home. They are physical, touchable, tangible things. They help create a space that tells people who you are when they visit your home, and again, your environment is a very important part of your identity.

My collections continue to change.

Currently I have been collecting:
Ironstone

This is Imperial Pottery from England
Pattern: woodland



I don't have much of it yet. Several platters, bowls and plates.

I like to mix it with other ironstone.


I love the staining on this little covered dish!
 and the book...a lovely little swedish book I found at

Nelly's Nest.
I will post on it later.



I also am collecting:
Blue and White Willow Ware
Westmoreland Hen and Chick covered dishes
flower frogs
old garden tools
bottle brush Christmas trees
putz houses
ironstone butter pats
Glass Cross top bottles

I would love to hear from you all and find out what you are collecting!

Until Later................

I'm linking up with:

Photobucket

Cottage Flora Thursday


Feathered Nest Friday


Vintage Inspiration Friday

Show and Tell Friday



7 comments:

  1. Deborah,
    I'm so glad you found my blog so I could find yours! I love your photos, they age gorgeous!
    Your woodland ironstone is lovely. The hunt is the fun part! Finding something inexpensive is the best part! Haved scrolled thru and the barn photos are fabulous! I am your newest follower and am putting you under my favorites so I can keep up! Will be visiting often.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty vignette! Love it! Hope it cools off soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully composed series of images Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ironstone collection is so lovely. I was at an estate sale when I was tempted to start collecting instead of just coveting some with patterns. As it is, most of my collection is white, white and more white. Which goes well with my home, but some pattern would be really great too.

    Thanks for stopping by. I'm going to have to stay a while and get to know your garden and collections (smile).

    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your collection is so pretty~ I love finding pieces to add to my collections too!! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a good eye for pretty things. I have kind of made myself take a break from collecting for now, but I do have a number of collections. Flower frogs and vintage kitchen towels are among them. Here's a link to a few posts on things I collect.

    http://acornergarden.blogspot.com/search/label/Collections

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful collection of yours. I must say, those are elegant looking.

    Cassy from Acoustic Guitar Lessons

    ReplyDelete