Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend of Flea Markets

This weekend was full of wonderful trips to flea markets! The weather couldn't have been more perfect!
My first stop was at Sweet Annie's a darling little prim shop in Roca, Nebraska.



Phil and Linda's is a great place to go and enjoy early American primitive antiques. They specialize in country furniture and  smalls that anyone would be proud to display in their homes.


Their front porch was decorated so pretty for fall! I Love the long black bench they have in front of their shop!


goldenrod is in full bloom!


I LOVE this metal rooster silhouette! It almost came home with me. Of course I walked around trying to decide if I should buy it or not. Would my husband greet me at the door and say....and just where are you going to put that? Haha I honestly didn't know. How much more can go on my kitchen counter? So I decided against it and it has been haunting me ever since!! Oh my! I just might have to break down and call and see if it's still there!
Ever have moments like that?

no fall decorations would be complete without pumpkins and gourds.




Leslie from Spirit of the Home always has one of my favorite booths. She has such a gift for displaying and making you feel right at home.
I love how Leslie added the dried hydrangeas with the burr oak branches to this wooden bowl.



I thought this green canning cupboard made a beautiful picture with the bittersweet. Inside the door was a handwritten list of the owners inventory of canned goodies!




I was thrilled to find some morning glories blooming on a fence nearby.
 The last HooRah of summer!

Sunday I headed the other direction
to the Brownville Flea market


My granddaughter Hali came along....


I was really disappointed in the Flea Market. It wasn't what I expected. There was not much there for antiques. There were lots of knock off purses, pampered chef, Harley Davidson tees...you get the idea. The food was great however, and I did take the opportunity to get some wonderful shots of some of the old homes in town.









I found this old house down by the river. I love all of the repair work on the brick!




One vendor was selling wonderful pumpkins, gourds, and mums. They had this great horse display out of corn husk! I thought it was a great idea for fall.


I'm linking up with:
Newbie Party
Until Later..........







8 comments:

  1. Just reading this post made me want to go on a road trip. I loved every word and all the photos made me feel like I was right there with you. ":o) That Horse! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buyers regret....I've had it more than once!!! When I get it, if I go back and it's still there, then it was meant to be!
    I love the inspiration that your blog sends my way!
    I hope that you have a blessed and joyful day!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the photos of places of the past...they would be pretty in a grouping of prints!
    I almost headed to Brownville, but couldn't find enough time for it. Now I don't feel quite as bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun road trips you had. I love all your photos, especially the corn horse and all the old buildings. I love taking pictures of old barns, houses, and any other building.
    Thanks for sharing.
    I'm visiting from Deddiedoos and am following now
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post, and you got me all excited for fall, though I don't like the snow that will follow..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deborah,
    Road trips are the best! I hate passing something up and then not being able to get it off my mind! Love all the photos of the doors and buildings, lovely!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'm with an online vintage dress boutique called Shabby Apple (www.shabbyapple.com) and I adore your blog. Shabby Apple offers affordable, stylish attire perfect for a day at work or play, or a night on the town. We would love to partner with you and offer your readers a 10% off coupon as well as the opportunity to giveaway a piece of jewelry from our collection on your blog. Please check us out at www.shabbyapple.com and let me know if you are interested.

    I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

    Thanks,

    Chelsea Wakley

    cwakely@shabbyapple.com
    (this is only open to US residents, if this is not a possibility please let me know)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deborah, thanks for sharing photos of your road trip. There was still a little colour in the morning glories, how pretty they are, and the horse well, was so adorable. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete