Monday, October 3, 2011

Feeling a Little Blue

I have been feeling a little blue this week. My youngest son left for his basic training in the military and then he will be off for his AIT's. For those who don't know, my husband and I have a large combined family. We have 9 children and we have 10 grandchildren with the 11th due in April.

I am now entering the empty nest syndrome. I always thought that I couldn't wait for the day, but now I am asking myself "Where has all of the time gone?" I guess I am feeling a little empty, feeling blue.....

Here are a few of my favorite blue photos from pinterest.



So just where does one find a blue pumpkin? Interesting...


I LOVE these blue tins!


Seltzer Bottles
(not my collection, but I would love to have it!)




I love the post box! I am sure Kelson doesn't have one! None the less when then stand there and holler out his name, I am sure he is glad to get letters just the same:)





I remember when he started driving. I think he was 3! No kidding! On our acreage  my husband had a shop with lots of tractors, riding lawn mowers, go carts etc. He started with the smallest and worked his way up to driving my husbands suburban all over the acreage.


Awwwhhhhh. I remember when his feet were small.



Good luck Kelson! Stay safe and remember we all love and miss you!

I'm linking up with:

DebbieDoos Newbie Party
BNOP

Until Later........








9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're feeling blue and experiencing the empty nest syndrome. I had those a few years back, and it will get better with time.

    Beautiful photos, and post! Following you now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son looks like a sweetheart, I'm sure it is hard letting him go. Love your collection of photos, will be you newest follower. Thanks for stopping by Cottage and Broome, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand your feeling blue and empty with the last child leaving home. Praying your son will be safe and your blues won't last long. I love the blog and am following.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you are feeling blue. I hope you find lots new stuff to do.
    It is one of my favorite colors though so thanks for the beautiful pictures. Thanks for commenting about the "canvas" prints - so sweet!
    xoxo
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deborah, I'm a new follower. So sorry you are feeling blue. I too, have started the empty nest syndrome. I really had a tough time last year. It gets easier...blogging has really helped me.
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos. I am a huge blue lover all shades too. Thanks so much for joining my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear you are blue. I don't have an empty nest yet, but I know it is hard when they all leave. I'm a new follower and glad I found you via Debbiedoo's newbie party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pictures but I need to ask you to cheer up :) Hope you feel better soon. I am a new follower and would love to see a happy you in the next post!

    Smile,
    Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite blue photo is the one of the cabinet drawer hanging out of the cabinet. Sorry you are experiencing empty nest syndrome. It is amazing how times flies.

    ReplyDelete